Welcome!

This should be fun.....and funny. Occasionally a little serious....but mostly humourous!

Thursday, July 7, 2011

London Day 1

I officially understand the meaning of "jet lag." I am running on maybe 2 hours of sleep, but that just means I will sleep really well tonight!!

It was definitely an adventure trying to find my hotel and navigate the "tube" when I arrived. I ended up getting off a stop too early, so I had to walk a LONG way to my hotel toting all of my luggage. It was painful!!! I will have scars to prove it. The good news is now I've got the tube down!

London is amazing. Today I visited the Leicester Square, Covent Garden, Piccadilly Circus area. The buildings are beautiful and old fashion. My biggest agenda item today was the "Harry Potter" premiere, and I made it. I could even see them, which I thought I wouldn't be able to do because people had been camping out there for more than a week. I was super excited about this premiere! When I was a senior in high school, my uncle gave me a set of "Harry Potter" books 1-4. I started reading the first one that same day just to kill time. That was the day Harry hooked me. I had finished all 4 books within a week. (If you have not seen a Harry Potter book....that is quite a task.) I waited patiently for the rest of the books to be released, but the last one, "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows," was by far my favorite. It was really exciting, and slightly bittersweet, to be able to be in London for the premiere of the movie that will complete the series.


Here are some of the pictures I took today....

Kensington Olympia Tube Station

 
Trafalgar Square- Harry Potter Premiere

Kensington High Street and Red Double Decker

A Real British Pub

 














More pictures will follow tomorrow after my duck tour!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Kyla! How FUN!!! This is great!!!
    So glad you are there!
    xoCarla

    ReplyDelete
  2. (Haha, just saw that my pen name for my blog about self-love for women is being displayed...oh well. thats me so you know)Carla

    ReplyDelete