Welcome!

This should be fun.....and funny. Occasionally a little serious....but mostly humourous!

Sunday, July 17, 2011

World Council

Yesterday was a very exciting day! After all of the elections were finished, we had great success for the US and our North American region. Carolyn Flowers of YWCA USA is now the treasure of the YWCA World Board of Directors!! Also, our own Luna Lee, a young woman, was elected to the YWCA World Board. Jessica Notwell from Canada, who was also a candidate (and my first choice) for Board President was successful in becoming the World Board Vice President for the North American Region! We were certainly successful in getting some of our own into key positions at the world level.

There were 100 countries represented in total at World Council. I count myself lucky to have made friends with women from other countries across the globe including Taiwan, Australia, Zimbabwe, Canada, Japan, Egypt and Palastine. I can never express fully what this opportunity has meant to me. It has been truly life changing. Thanks again to everyone who helped me get here!

No comments:

Post a Comment